Process for Accessing Funds for Safety
Step 1: identify the issues.
- These can be at the lab level or department level.
- A good place to start is the self-audit that everyone did last year. Some departments have also done external audits.
- For high-risk labs, IISc will fund HAZID/Bowtie studies to identify safety issues. Contact OLSEH.
- Please do this before Dec 31 if you are interested in money this FY.
Step 2: Draft a proposal.
- Just a page or 2 is enough. We just need line items (budget) and a justification
- The proposal can be submitted by individual faculty, department safety champion or staff-lead of a central facility,
- Budget must be backed by quote(s).
- Please make sure only safety related items are included. We will not fund furniture, tubelights, phones, etc.
- Budget must conform to the attached guidelines. Note: consumables are not funded.
Step 3: Submit to OLSEH for technical evaluation
- Send email to email@example.com
- One of the Officers will interact with you to refine the proposal.
- Goal is to establish urgency, suitability, and consistency.
In some cases infrastructural/building improvements are needed. These are done by CCMD
- We understand there is some delay in getting quotes from CCMD. Escalate the issue to OLSEH. We will work with you.
Step 4A: Get budget sanctioned from Dean-A&F
- OLSEH forwards the request to Dean-A&F. Once sanctioned, a letter/email will reach you.
- All implementation is managed by department.
- Dean (A&F) will transfer money directly to department expenses account.
Step 5: Implement the changes
Step 6: OLSEH verification & close
- An officer will visit to verify.
- Submit a 2-page final report showing actual expenses, pictures, and other remarks.