Any violation of this Safety Policy or Safety Rules will be handled as follows:
- For a first-time violation, OLSEH will send a white notice to the responsible Principal Investigator, with a time frame for remedial action based on the severity of the violation.
- If the violation is not remedied within the timeframe, OLSEH will send a yellow notice to the responsible Principal Investigator with an insistence for immediate action.
- In case of non-compliance, even after a yellow notice, OLSEH will send a red notice to the offending Principal Investigator, ordering a temporary closure of the laboratory/facility until the violation remedied.
- In cases of severe violations requiring immediate remedial action, the OLSEH office may directly issue a yellow or red notice.
- In the event of damage to property or other loss caused to the Institute due to violation of the Safety Policy or Safety Rules, the User/s shall fully indemnify the Institute and hold the Institute harmless against all loss, injury and damage. In addition, the Institute reserves the right to claim damages/compensation for loss caused by the actions/omissions of the User in breach of the Safety Policy or Safety Rules.